Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Busy Day In The Yard

We had fairly nice weather today after a couple of days of freezing temperatures, so I took the opportunity to tend to the garden. I thinned the radish and spinach seedlings and I'm sorry to report that the lettuce hasn't recovered well after the snow. I covered them, but they're noticeably less robust today. Everything else still seems to be doing well, though.



Today was also a day for planting some new things. I started more lettuce, swiss chard and green beans from seed, and bought some tomato and pepper seedlings, all of which are residing in the greenhouse. And I found yet another use for an Amazon box! My hope is that it will act like terra cotta - retain some moisture but still be porous enough to breathe.



Meanwhile, in The Rabbitat, the bunnies are getting FATTER.



I'm glad I got to spend some time outside today. I'm still have a lot to do inside the house, and I'm afraid all of that might swallow me up. Off I go to get started...

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea with the amazon box ! I might have to give it a try. I have been using old tires for our tomatoes. An old timer around here gave me the idea. The tire holds the heat and keeps your plants from getting to cold. It is UGLY but it works

    ReplyDelete