Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Did It!


I grew something! Not much, but something! Something realistically edible has sprung forth from my garden, thereby making this first endeavor a success in my mind. I pulled up these little radishes yesterday, and while they're quite small, they're delicious. Much tastier than the giant grocery store radishes, which taste like, well, nothing. I'm thrilled!

In other news, my tomato plant that was mowed down by cutworms is enjoying new life - twice! I brought the plant inside and placed in water, hoping it would root and it has. I also discovered yesterday that a whole new plant has sprung up from the stump that's still in the ground! Thank you, cutworms - now I have two plants!

I have an opportunity this weekend to volunteer at Heaven Sent Produce, where I've been buying a lot of our vegetables. She needs help in the gardens this year and I could really use the learning experience. I'm very excited about this, and should have a full report next week on how it went, so stay tuned.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go ! I just love it when I can go pick something out back and eat it. There is no better thrill in the world.

    ReplyDelete